Located at Rufford Abbey the Coach House Cafe building was the original Coach House forming part of the stables and outer courtyard complex, it was first built in 1725 to house the estate’s horse drawn carts, coaches and carriages. It was enlarged between 1837 – 1840 to its present size, with the addition of a large two storey rear extension, and then the side tower was added to give access to the upper floors where originally feed and tack would of been stored.
Today the Coach House is a cafe open all year round providing visitors with a tempting range of quality snacks and light meals.
The Coach House cafe also serves excellent whole bean coffee and a wide range of hot drinks. Customers can enjoy the history of the inside seating area or enjoy the seating in the large external courtyard area, which is covered for any inclement weather.
The Coach House Cafe Coffee Cart, an historic Citroen H van. Converted to be able to offer a range of excellent whole bean coffee and a wide range of hot drinks, delicious morning pastries and hot snacks and cold drinks.
Tel: 01623 821338